COMPANY 스킵네비게이션

His Needs have been Obscure To Me

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 Lelia
댓글 0건 조회 47회 작성일 23-12-30 00:09

본문

Borrowed from French fétiche, from Portuguese feitiço, fetishtube from Latin factīcius ("artificial"). Doublet of factitious.

Pronunciation[edit]

(UK, US) enPR: fĕtʹĭsh, fēʹtĭsh, IPA(key): /ˈfɛt.ɪʃ/, /ˈfiː.tɪʃ/Audio (US)(file)

Audio (AU)(file)

- Rhymes: -ɛtɪʃ, -iːtɪʃ
Noun[edit]

fetish (plural fetishes)

1. Something which is believed to own, include, or trigger spiritual or magical powers; an amulet or a talisman. [from the early 17th c.] 1958, Saul Bellow, Henderson the Rain King:The idols and fetishes had been being dressed up and whitewashed, receiving sacrifices.

2. Sexual attraction to or arousal at something abnormally sexual or nonsexual, similar to an object or a nonsexual part of the body. [from the early nineteenth c.] Synonym: paraphilia I do know a man who has a foot fetish.

a fetish for leather

1985, Margaret Atwood, "Soul Scrolls", within the Handmaid’s Tale, Toronto, Ont.: McClelland and Stewart, →ISBN, web page 163:The primary time, I used to be confused. His needs were obscure to me, and what I may perceive of them appeared to me ridiculous, laughable, like a fetish for lace-up shoes.

3. An irrational or abnormal preoccupation or fixation on some object or activity; an obsession. [from the nineteenth c.] a fetish for deficit reduction

1912 February-July, Edgar Rice Burroughs, "Under the Moons of Mars", in the All-Story, New York, N.Y.: Frank A. Munsey Co., →OCLC; republished as "On the Arizona Hills", in A Princess of Mars, Chicago, Ill.: A[lexander] C[aldwell] McClurg & Co., 1917 October, →OCLC, page 6:However, I am not liable to sensitiveness, and the following of a sense of obligation, wherever it could lead, has at all times been a kind of fetich with me throughout my life; which can account for the honors bestowed upon me by three republics and the decorations and friendships of an old and powerful emperor and several other lesser kings, in whose service my sword has been purple many a time.

1933 January 9, George Orwell [pseudonym; Eric Arthur Blair], chapter XXII, in Down and Out in Paris and London, London: Victor Gollancz […], →OCLC:We've got a feeling that it have to be "sincere" work, because it is difficult and disagreeable, and we have now made a type of fetish of guide work.

2014 [1980], John Carroll, "The soap fetish", in Sceptical Sociology, web page 124:A number one candidate for this position within the case of ladies has been the cleaning soap fetish. […] Given this basic cultural background the reasons for the rise of the cleaning soap fetish are usually not exhausting to find. […] Guilt, as one of the propellers of the cleaning soap fetish, doesn't confine its thrust to the want to scrub soiled arms or erase the blots from the copybook.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.